Nate Diaz has responded to the warrant for second-degree battery by turning himself in, rep says.
On Monday it was announced that an arrest warrant had been issued for Nate Diaz after he was caught on camera choking a man unconscious on the streets of New Orleans on Friday night.
Now, nearly a week after the incident, he's turned himself into police according to his representative, Zach Rosenfield.
“Nate voluntarily turned himself into the New Orleans Police Department this morning approximately at 7:10AM CT. We continue to look forward to presenting all the evidence and videos that show Nate was acting in self-defense.”
Earlier in the week Rosenfield issued a statement citing that Diaz was defending himself from the man fans have dubbed a Logan Paul lookalike.
“Nate’s attorney Walter Becker can confirm that Nate has received word of the arrest warrant and Becker has been in contact with court authorities in New Orleans," he said in a statement released to the media. "Nate’s attorney looks forward to presenting all of the facts about this incident to the District Attorney which clearly demonstrate that a trained fighter named Rodney Petersen aggressively pursued Nate with the intention of engaging him and once doing so, Nate acted entirely in self-defense. No further comment will be made at this time.”
Nate Diaz bail: He's expected to be bonded later today
Diaz will be seen in front of a judge later today and will likely make bond. We'll update when new information is learned.
The fight occurred after Diaz was seen throwing a bottle at Chase DeMoor at Misfits Boxing 6. The man Diaz was seen choking was Rodney Peterson, who put out a video shortly after the incident wondering if Diaz attacked him because he thought he was Paul.
Diaz is scheduled to fight Jake Paul in a boxing fight in early August, and is scheduled to appear for a May 9 press conference in Dallas, TX.