Everything you need to know about UFC Las Vegas: Petr Yan vs. Merab Dvalishvili.
On Saturday the UFC makes a bit of history by hosting its first fight card in the new Virgin Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. The fight night will actually take place in the early afternoon hours (local time) due to the UFC hosting the PowerSlap finale in the UFC APEX that night.
Headlining the card are two men with some real bad blood that stems deeper than just MMA. Former bantamweight champion Petr Yan is looking to rebound off a two-fight skid by taking on Merab Dvalishvili who is on an eight-fight tear. There's some history between the two and it was Dvalishvili's best friend and main training partner Aljamain Sterling who dethroned Yan and beat him twice. Additionally, there's some political tension between Yan (who is Russian) and Dvalishvili (who is Georgian) as Russia invaded Georgia (similar to what they are doing to Ukraine now) and Dvalishvili's been outspoken about his support of Ukraine in their fight.
In the co-main event we see Alexander Volkov and Alexandr Romanov in a battle for the better Alex. And a previously scheduled main event was rescheduled between Nikita Krylov and Ryan Spann after their bout was canceled just hours before the fight due to illness.
UFC Las Vegas full fight card
Main card (6 p.m. ET/3 p.m PT on ESPN+)
- Petr Yan vs. Merab Dvalishvili
- Alexander Volkov vs. Alexandr Romanov
- Nikita Krylov vs. Ryan Spann
- Ricardo Ramos vs. Austin Lingo
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Vitor Petrino vs. Anton Turkalj
- Karl Williams vs. Lukasz Brzeski
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Davey Grant
- Sedriques Dumas vs. Josh Fremd
- Mario Bautista vs. Guido Cannetti
- Ariane Lipski vs. JJ Aldrich
- Victor Henry vs. Tony Gravely
- Tyson Nam vs. Bruno Silva
- Carlston Harris vs. Abubakar Nurmagomedov
UFC Las Vegas betting odds
According to WynnBet, Petr Yan is the favorite at -250 for his fight with Merab Dvalishvili who is the underdog at +190.