Everything you need to know about Bellator 296.
Almost exactly a year from the last time Bellator MMA paid a visit to the French capital, Bellator 296 marks their return to the Accor Arena for yet another thrilling Paris fight card. On Friday, May 12, a No. 1 contender for the middleweight title will be established along with another quarter-final from the stacked Bellator lightweight grand prix.
Former two-time Bellator 185-pound champion Gegard Mousasi (48-8-2) takes on rising contender Fabian Edwards (11-2) in a main event that is unlikely to disappoint given the credentials of the two.
The last time we saw Mousasi compete was when he lost his middleweight title to Johnny Eblen. Edwards on the other hand has two straight wins, including a KO victory over Lyoto Machida, that has seen him ascend all the way to number two on the Bellator rankings.
In the co-main event, the Paris crowd will get to cheer on one of their own when Frenchman Mansour Barnaoui (20-4) takes on the former Bellator lightweight champion Brent Primus (11-3) in a five-round Bellator lightweight grand prix quarter-final matchup.
Bellator 296: Gegard Mousasi vs. Fabian Edwards fight card, start time & channel guide
Main card - 4 p.m ET / 1 p.m PT - Showtime
- Gegard Mousasi vs. Fabian Edwards
- Mansour Barnaoui vs. Brent Primus *Lightweight grand prix bout
- Thibault Gouti vs. Kane Mousah
- Douglas Lima vs. Costello van Steenis
Prelims - 12 p.m ET / 9 a.m PT - Bellator's YouTube channel
- Saul Rogers vs. Davy Gallon
- Jose Augusto vs. Simon Biyong
- Kyle Stewart vs. Gregory Babene
- Tim Wilde vs. Chris Gonzalez
- Bourama Camara vs. Romain Debienne
- Oliver Enkamp vs. Luca Poclit
- Denise Kielholtz vs. Paula Cristina
- Steven Hill vs. Nicolò Solli
- Fabacary Diatta vs. Adridane Romero Rodriguez
- Asaël Adjoudj vs. Georges Sasu
- Brett Johns vs. Marcirley Alves
- Sarvarjon Khamidov vs. Kevin Petshi
- Yves Landu vs. Piotr Niedzielski
Bellator 296: Gegard Mousasi vs. Fabian Edwards betting odds
The following odds are for the main and co-main event only. Make sure to head over to DraftKings.com for the full betting odds and check in closer to fight night for any potential line changes.
- Gegard Mousasi (-260) vs. Fabian Edwards (+200)
- Mansour Barnaoui (-325) vs. Brent Primus (+250)