Anthony Smith vs. Johnny Walker will no longer headline UFC Charlotte, instead, a heavyweight scrap will star.
UFC Charlotte has a new headliner, but no fight was canceled.
According to an announcement on the UFC's social media, the previously scheduled main event between Anthony Smith and Johnny Walker has been demoted to the co-main event and a fight already scheduled for the card has been promoted.
The heavyweight scrap between Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Jailton Almeida will now headline the card.
Why was Anthony Smith vs. Johnny Walker demoted?
There was no reason given for the shift but some have wondered if either Smith or Walker asked for a three round fight, rather than a five rounder. It could also mean that the UFC thinks the heavyweight fight could attract more attention.
So far, these are the fights booked and announced for UFC Charlotte
- Jailton Almeida vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Anthony Smith vs. Johnny Walker
- Matt Brown vs. Court McGee
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Angela Hill
- Ian Machado Garry vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Tim Means vs. Alex Morono
- Ihor Potieria vs. Carlos Ulberg
- Jessica-Rose Clarke vs. Tainara Lisboa
- Mandy Bohm vs. Ji Yeon Kim
- Doulas Silva de Andrade vs. Cody Stamann
- Bryan Battle vs. Gabe Green