UFC 283: Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill live results.
Wrapping up what has been a tumultuous first three weeks of 2023 for the UFC — both in and out of the cage — comes UFC 283.
UFC 283, the first pay-per-view of the calendar year, will mark the UFC’s first trip to Brazil since the March 2020 empty-arena card in Brasilia and the first visit to Rio since UFC 237 in May 2019.
Two title fights will be featured on the card, with the promotion putting the vacant light heavyweight championship on the line in the main event for a second straight pay-per-view. The headline attraction will see former champ Glover Teixeira and Jamahal Hill battle for the vacant 205-pound gold.
Teixeira went on a six-fight win streak between 2019 and 2021, culminating in a second-round submission of Jan Blachowicz at UFC 267 in October 2021 to become UFC light heavyweight champion in his 40th professional MMA bout.
Teixeira lost the championship in 2022’s Fight of the Year against Jiri Prochazka at UFC 275. He and Prochazka were supposed to rematch last month at UFC 282 but Prochazka pulled out and vacated the title due to injury. When negotiations with Teixeira for a different title fight fell through, it looked like Teixeira would have to wait for another shot. But after the controversial split draw between Blachowicz and Magomed Ankalaev (and UFC President Dana White’s disinterest in Blachowicz-Ankalaev), he immediately booked Teixeira vs. Hill for this card.
Hill, who is 12-1 and an alumnus of Dana White’s Contender Series, has won three straight and six of his seven fights in the Octagon. He most recently fought in the main event of August’s UFC Vegas 59, where he finished Thiago Santos.
The co-main event of the card will feature a UFC first — the first-ever “tetralogy” bout in UFC history — as Deiveson Figueiredo and Brandon Moreno determine once and for all who is the undisputed UFC flyweight champion.
Figueiredo and Moreno first met in the short-notice UFC 256 main event, having one of the most entertaining fights in modern UFC history, which ended in a majority draw. Moreno was able to submit Figueiredo in their UFC 263 rematch but dropped the title back to him via decision in a closely competitive UFC 270 contest.
Moreno defeated Kai Kara-France at UFC 277 to become interim flyweight champion, setting up this final showdown.
[UPDATED] UFC 283 live results
UFC 283: Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill Main Card (ESPN+ PPV, 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT)
- Jamahal Hill defeated Glover Teixeira via unanimous decision (50-44 x3) — for the vacant UFC light heavyweight title
- Brandon Moreno defeated Deiveson Figueiredo via TKO (doctor stoppage), Round 3, 5:00— to become the undisputed UFC flyweight champion
- Gilbert Burns vs. Neil Magny via submission (head and arm choke), Round 1 – 4:15
- Jessica Andrade defeated Lauren Murphy via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-26)
- Johnny Walker defeated Paul Craig via TKO, Round 1 – 2:16
UFC 283: Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill Preliminary Card (ABC/ESPN/ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT)
- Ihor Potieria defeated Mauricio Rua via TKO, Round 1 – 4:05
- Brunno Ferreira defeated Gregory Rodrigues via KO, Round 1 – 4:13
- Thiago Moises defeated Melquizael Costa via submission (rear-naked choke), Round 2 – 4:05
- Gabriel Bonfim defeated Mounir Lazzez via submission (guillotine), Round 1 – 0:49
UFC 283: Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill Early Prelim Card (ESPN+/UFC Fight Pass, 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT)
- Jailton Almeida defeated Shamil Abdurakhimov via TKO, Round 2 – 2:56
- Cody Stamann defeated Luan Lacerda via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Ismael Bonfim defeated Terrance McKinney via KO, Round 2 – 2:17
- Nicolas Dalby defeated Warlley Alves via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)
- Josiane Nunes defeated Zarah Fairn via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Daniel Marcos defeated Saimon Oliveira via KO, Round 2 – 2:18