Bellator 288: Vadim Nemkov vs. Corey Anderson 2 live results.
This time, there must be a winner…right?
Bellator MMA returns to Chicago for Bellator 288, an exciting card that is topped by two title fights.
The main event will see a rematch for the Bellator light heavyweight championship — and attempt No. 2 to determine a winner in the $1 million Bellator Light Heavyweight Grand Prix — as Vadim Nemkov defends against Corey Anderson.
The two previously met in April at Bellator 277, a bout that ended in a no-contest due to an accidental clash of heads. It was noteworthy in that Anderson appeared to be on his way toward a win but admitted to the referee about the accidental headbutt in the closing seconds of the third round.
After winning the championship from Ryan Bader two years ago, Nemkov made his way through the first two rounds of the Grand Prix with wins over Phil Davis and Julius Anglickas. Anderson, meanwhile, reached the finals on the other side of the bracket with wins over Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov and Bader.
The evening’s co-main event will see the Bellator lightweight title on the line as Patricky “Pitbull” Freire defends against Usman Nurmagomedov.
This will be the elder Pitbull brother’s first defense of the title since winning it a year ago, when it was vacant, in a finish of Peter Queally at Bellator 270. Despite Freire’s decade-long tenure in Bellator, last year’s title win marked his first championship in the promotion.
Nurmagomedov is currently undefeated in MMA at 11-0, including a 4-0 Bellator record. The cousin of UFC Hall of Famer Khabib Nurmagomedov — and younger brother of UFC fighter Usman Nurmagomedov — has scored wins over Mike Hamel, Manny Muro, Patrik Pietila and Chris Gonzalez.
Bellator 288: Vadim Nemkov vs. Corey Anderson 2 live results [UPDATED LIVE]
Bellator 288: Vadim Nemkov vs. Corey Anderson 2 Main Card (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT)
- (c.) Vadim Nemkov def. Corey Anderson via unanimous decision (48-47, 49-46 x2) – for the Bellator light heavyweight championship, Bellator Light Heavyweight Grand Prix final
- Usman Nurmagomedov def. (c.) Patricky Pitbull via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-44 x2) — for the Bellator lightweight championship
- Timur Khizriev def. Daniel Weichel via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27 x2)
- Daniel James def. Tyrell Fortune via TKO, Round 2 – 0:27
- Levan Chokheli def. Roman Faraldo via unanimous decision (29-27 x3)
Bellator 288: Vadim Nemkov vs. Corey Anderson 2 Preliminary Card (YouTube, 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT)
- Imamshafi Aliev def. Sean Connor Fallon via TKO (doctor’s stoppage), Round 1 – 3:20
- Killys Mota def. Jairo Pacheco via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- Archie Colgan def. Jesse Hannam via TKO, Round 1 – 0:50
- Sullivan Cauley def. Jay Radick via KO, Round 1 – 1:01
- Jordan Newman def. Jayden Taulker via submission (rear-naked choke), Round 2 – 3:20
- Laird Anderson def. Rob Fenicle via TKO, Round 2 – 2:28
- Isaiah Hokit def. Matias Nader via TKO, Round 2 – 3:48
- Wladmir Gouvea def. Kory Moegenburg via TKO, Round 2 – 1:46