PFL Playoffs: Rory MacDonald vs. Dilano Taylor live results [UPDATED]
For the first time in its history, the PFL has gone across the pond. The Cardiff Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, Wales, will play host to the second card of this PFL postseason — one that has gone through some notable changes on the road to fight day.
The new main event will see Rory MacDonald competing in a welterweight semifinal bout against Dilano Taylor. MacDonald was scheduled to face Magomed Umalatov, but Umalatov ended up being one of several fighters who will be forced to miss the event due to visa issues.
MacDonald’s PFL run this season has seen him score a first-round submission of Brett Cooper and lose to Sadibou Sy via unanimous decision. MacDonald made it to last year’s semifinals as well, losing to Ray Cooper, the then-defending champion who’d go on to repeat.
After earning a spot on the 2022 PFL roster through a doctor’s stoppage win over Mark Martin in the PFL Challenger Series, Taylor scored a decision win over Joao Zeferino before being stopped by 2018 welterweight champ Magomed Magomedkerimov.
The other welterweight semifinal, which will open the card, will see Sy take on Carlos Leal.
The heavyweight semifinal matchups will feature Ante Delija taking on Renan Ferreira in the co-main event. Delija, who made it to the finals of last year’s heavyweight tournament before losing to Bruno Cappelozza, scored wins over Matheus Scheffel and Shelton Graves to return to the playoffs. Ferreira’s regular season, meanwhile, saw him defeat Jamelle Jones but lose to Klidson Abreu.
The other heavyweight semifinal was set to be Cappelozza facing Denis Goltsov, but an injury and visa issues, respectively, have changed that bout to UFC veteran Juan Adams facing Scheffel.
PFL Playoffs Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT)
- Dilano Taylor defeated Rory MacDonald via TKO – Round 1 – 3:59 to advance to the PFL welterweight finals
- Ante Delija defeated Renan Ferreira via TKO, Round 1 – 4:31 to advance to the PFL heavyweight finals
- Matheus Scheffel defeated Juan Adams via TKO, Round 3 – 3:45 to advance to the PFL heavyweight finals
- Sadibou Sy def. Carlos Leal by unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27) to advance to the PFL welterweight finals
- Nathan Kelly def. Ben Ellis via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:45 of Round 1
Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 12 p.m. ET)
- Josh O’Connor def. Emran Sakhizada via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:56 of Round 3
- Marcin Wojcik def. Mick Stanton via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:04 of Round 1
- Chris Mixan def. Christian Stigenberg by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Szymon Bajor def. Ronny Markes by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-27)
PFL Playoffs Postlim Card (ESPN+, 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT)
- Lee Chadwick def. Przemyslaw Mysiala via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Will Fleury def. Anthony Salamone via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-25)
- Radu Maxim def. Vojto Barborik via submission (injury) – Round 1:15
- Moktar Benkaci vs. Francesco Nuzzi declared no contest (accidental eye poke by Benkaci) – Round 2, 4:10